Monday, February 6, 2012

On a Random Quicktake

11 Random thoughts because I don't have the inclination to put together a coherent blog post.

1. Neurology is super interesting. I love how our brains are put together, so intricate. It is also super scary to know how one little blood clot or tumor can fuck it up.

2. Today we had to watch video of individuals with different types of aphasia. One type effected physical production and the other effected speech comprehension and coherent production. Some of the people in the class laughed at the poor guy that had the later aphasia. I get that it was odd and uncomfortable to watch, but... The video just made me sad for the poor guy. You judge.



See? Not funny.

2. My son loves LEGO Star Wars. He makes "scenes" out of them every dang day. Yesterday he tore apart a bunch of them and called the scene The Ruins of Naboo. I know I am his mom, but I am pretty sure he is brilliant. :P

3. Speaking of which I had him tested for gifted a few weeks ago. I wonder how he does on standardized tests?

4. Speaking of Star Wars, I kind of find Star Wars super boring. I frequently zone out when my son talks to me about it. Smile and nod. Smile and nod.

5. I also think Transformers are lame.

6. My new show is Dance Moms on Lifetime. It all has to be fake. Seriously. Who lets their kid get yelled at everyday by some a-hole? Who wants to watch that? Oh yeah, me. Watching those parents makes me feel better about myself.

7. I am afraid my kids are going to be messed up because their dad is such a screw up. How did I not see this coming? It is odd to think of the double life my ex must have been leading. If he could have just been a normal screw up that had a normal affair we all would be much better off right now.

8. It is weird to talk nicely to the ex. But I am an adult and capable of acting like one to get business done.

9. My cat has to move out. I wrote a personal ad for her today. It will be up on petfinder soon. I am sad about this and cried all day Saturday about it. Mostly because when I told my daughter the kitty had to find a new home she started crying and told me that I made her heart hurt. The cat will be so much happier without 3 roommates though. If anyone knows someone who wants a 7 year old declawed female let me know. I will drive her almost anywhere.

10. I am ready for spring.

11. I love Crocs.

1 comment:

  1. I hate your ex. He gives assfaces a bad name. Transformers: Prime on the Hub is a really good show. I'm sick today. I can't watch those shows because I just found out they can't hear me yelling. No coherent thoughts are contagious.

    ReplyDelete