Saturday, March 17, 2012

On This Time Last Year

This time last year my face was falling off.

It is weird to go back and read my blog and think how much life has changed in a year. Not all of it for the worse.

A year ago, I would have laughed you out of the room if you told me I would be divorced, living back home, and back in school. And yet here I am. When school is over I will have the opportunity to work in a field that is both intellectually and personally fulfilling. If my ex-husband hadn't started down his weird path to destroy his life around this time last year I would probably never have gotten the opportunity to pursue this career. Not that that makes up for how badly his actions has affected our kids, but it is still a nice flower growing out of the manure he dumped on us.

Additional updates from the above post as follows:

- My daughter was fully potty trained 3 months after that post.

- My nose still looks pierced.

- I have not eaten steal cut oats since that morning.

- Earthquakes are still sad.

- Scott Walker is still a douche. (Whose campaign sends literature to my dead grandparents who were from Illinois so what is up with that?)

- My kids are still cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment