This time last year my face was falling off.
It is weird to go back and read my blog and think how much life has changed in a year. Not all of it for the worse.
A year ago, I would have laughed you out of the room if you told me I would be divorced, living back home, and back in school. And yet here I am. When school is over I will have the opportunity to work in a field that is both intellectually and personally fulfilling. If my ex-husband hadn't started down his weird path to destroy his life around this time last year I would probably never have gotten the opportunity to pursue this career. Not that that makes up for how badly his actions has affected our kids, but it is still a nice flower growing out of the manure he dumped on us.
Additional updates from the above post as follows:
- My daughter was fully potty trained 3 months after that post.
- My nose still looks pierced.
- I have not eaten steal cut oats since that morning.
- Earthquakes are still sad.
- Scott Walker is still a douche. (Whose campaign sends literature to my dead grandparents who were from Illinois so what is up with that?)
- My kids are still cute.