Friday, March 11, 2011

On Quick Take Friday- March 11 Edition

7 Random Thoughts

1. My face is almost all healed. It seriously was the better part of a month messing around with it. A word of advice, don't get a strep infection on your face.

2. I think I am going to look like I have a healed over nose piercing on the side of my nose.

3. I tried steel cut oats this morning. I like them better then oatmeal. Much less mushy.

4. My 3 year is still refusing to be potty trained. Yesterday she peed on the floor. Before having kids I used to think I would move if someone peed, pooped, or puked all over my floor. Now, I can't tell you how many times my carpet steamer has cleaned those vile messes. Kids are really gross.

5. I have seen a lot of the logical fallacy Reductio ad Hitlerum on facebook lately. On both sides. Dudes. Just because Hitler liked dogs that does not mean all dogs are bad. Yes, Scott Walker is huge douche, but ethnic cleanser he is not. Yes, Obama wants to promote antismoking bans, but that does not mean he is one step away from erecting concentration camps. It wayyyyy cheapens your arguments to just shout "Nazi" at whomever you are mad at.

6. All these earthquakes lately are sad and scary.

7. It is neat to watch my kids get better at activities they have been participating in this spring. My son has improved a lot in tumbling and my daughter is really picking up ballet. It is cute to hear her repeat all the french terms for the moves she does.

1 comment:

  1. Josh pooped in his pants yesterday for absolutely no reason. Then it fell on the floor (or he emptied his pants onto the floor). Then he went to the bathroom to get some toilet paper to clean it up and throw it in his trash can. Then he went to the bathroom to pee. I hope this makes you feel a little bit better.

    ReplyDelete