Thursday, April 28, 2011

On Birthers and South Park

New rule.

I am no longer allowed to look at things or people on the internet that I know will piss me off.

Case in point, all this "birther" stuff.

I am not really one to post toooo much on political stuff. I don't find it overly interesting or fun. Plus it is so polarizing and no one ever ever ever changes anyone else's mind.

But I feel like bitching so bitch I will.

According to CNN, before Obama released his birth certificate 1 in fricking 4 people believed that he was not born in the U.S.

One in four.

25%

Despite him releasing the shorter court issued birth record used for passports, despite newspaper announcements, despite people and public figures in Hawaii vowing for him verifying his birth place 1 in 4 fricking people thought there was a vast conspiracy covering up Obama's true birth place.

Even now after releasing the longer birth certificate I have read a whole mess of people on facebook posting about how it must be a fake.

Really?? Reeeeeeally? *Really*? (Imagine me with a disbelieving, sad, I am disappointed face.)

It makes my head hurt to think that people actually think these sorts of things.

I guess the South Park guys are right. 1 in 4 people are retarded.



p.s. spell check wanted me to change "passort" to "assport" and this made me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment