7 Random Thoughts
1. My kids have cold ass feet an refuse to wear socks on a regular basis. They also enjoy putting their cold feet on me. I am pretty sure this is karmic payback as one of my favorite things to do every night is warm up my cold feet on my husband.
2. I was watching Teen Mom Season finale on MTV a couple nights ago. OMG. I cannot stand Janelle or the blond one with Adam. If Janelle doesn't have some sort of mental illness/ personality disorder I would be shocked. I don't really think the blond one has an excuse for her behavior outside of sheer stupidity and neediness.
3. One of the Teen Mom girls said that they didn't think the show glorified teen pregnancy and that she just didn't understand how anyone could think that it did when they saw how hard all the teen moms struggled. To a point I think she is right. I don't think the content of the show glorifies or makes having a baby early in life easy.
However, all of those girls are getting paid a decent money to have their lives taped. Considering a good portion of them are high school drop outs it is very good money. Add on top of that a lot of them have become tabloid stars and, while the show isn't hyping squirting out a kid at 16 as super easy, it does tacitly imply that it might make you a D-list celebrity and give you a nice income.
You and I know that winning the MTV lottery and earning a spot on that show is slim, but 16 year olds are not known for their superior reasoning skills and impulse control.
4. Some of the births on that show make me sad for the girls and their babies.
5. My husband was telling me the other day that he had heard of a hospital that was employing doulas. Sneaky! Just like hospital birth classes teach you to be a good patient, how much do you want to bet a hospital doula does the same thing? I suppose I could be cynical. It wouldn't be the first time. I would be interested to see the c-section stats from that hospital though.
6. Our power went out last night for 3 hours. I suppose if the power is going to go out midnight is a good time for it to do so.
7. I realized last night as I was about to go to bed that I didn't know if turtles had penises. I know I have never seen one. So I asked my husband to Google it for me since I had shut down my computer. Sadly, he refused.