Friday, May 13, 2011

On Quick Take Friday- May 13 Edition

7 Random Thoughts

1. Pomegranate schnapps and sierra mist tastes like cranberry sierra mist. Dangerous!

2. Today is Friday the 13th. I have always liked Friday the 13ths. My son was born on a Friday the 13th. I used to have fun slumber parties and watch cheesy slasher flicks on Friday the 13th. I also heart Halloween.

3. Regina Spektor is still extremely awesome. Even if (or maybe because) she makes random dolphin noises in songs.

4. I had a stressful day with my son at the eye doctor today. He needs glasses for hyperopia. I feel bad we never noticed, but I guess it is common not to notice in young kids because they overcompensate with other eye muscles which can lead to lazy eyes or cross eyes. So I am glad we caught everything so we wont have to deal with that down the road.

5. I am going to brag that my kid has been able to read since he was 4. Brag, brag, brag. Like really read, he and his dad read small chapter star wars books together and trade off pages.

6. Yes, I am raising a nerd. I am okay with that.

7. My son and his friends apparently played bounty hunters at preschool. I wonder what their teachers thought of that. When I asked him what bounty hunters did he told me, "There is no where to hide from a bounty hunter." Some day I expect he will grow a mullet and chase people around Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment