Thursday, March 17, 2011

On Why I am not Martha Stewart

I would love to be Martha Stewart. For some reason her demeanor and covert cocky attitude speaks to me. And she makes super cute crap.

Alas, Martha Stewart I am not. But sometimes, like today, I plan to make a half-hearted attempt.

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I am making corned beef. Not in the crock pot. I am not cheating at all. I peeled the organic carrots and potatoes and measured out the seasonings just like a pioneer woman. Except unlike the pioneer woman I did not raise and slaughter my own cow, my veggies were delivered by Timber Creek, and my seasonings came in a can. I also used an electric stove and a stainless steel pot. So, I guess not really like a pioneer woman at all.

Any who, I planned to cook this beef, but forgot to take the meat out of the freezer to thaw last night, or even this morning.

What would Martha Stewart do?

I have a feeling she would say screw it and make a vegetarian dish or go out to some fancy restaurant.

What did I do?

I dumped that frozen piece of cow flesh into the pot with all the veggies and seasoning and plan to see what come out around 5:30. I hope it is edible.

Maybe I will make a centerpiece out of the carrot peelings.

Martha would be so proud.

1 comment:

  1. LOL. You really need to start using your microwave to defrost meat. If I didn't do that, we'd all be vegetarians at my house. :P

    ReplyDelete