Wednesday, January 19, 2011

On Music Videos and Youtube

Song Prompt Wednesday!

This is more like video prompt Wednesday.



I love this video. It is one of my all time favorites. I used to love almost all music videos.

I miss them. Remember when even Nickelodeon had a music video program? It was on around dinner time and it was around teh time Madonna released True Blue.

I know I am not is MTV's target demographic any longer, and they don't give a crap about my opinion, but it still makes me sad that they no longer play videos. Even VH1 has forsaken me.

It is not that I don't like trashy reality tv. In fact, I accept my responsibility for helping bring about the beginning of videos' demise. I was a fan of The Real World in the early 90's.

I also liked Sfil and Olly, Beavis and Butthead, Daria, The Tom Green Show. All shows which slowly helped kill the videos also.

So now all we have left is the youtube graveyard.

Classic videos sandwiched between farting cats and 7th graders covering Justin Bieber songs. Sadness

*Imagine Taps in the background*

No comments:

Post a Comment