Saturday, December 18, 2010

On Full Quivers and Being Green

I am not the most "green" person on earth. Heck, I barely recycle. I don't live in a yurt off the grid. I crank my heat up 69 in the winter, and keep the air at 74 in the summer. To top it off I drive just about anywhere I want with no regard to fossil fuel use.

I figure humans are kind of smart. When fossil fuel runs out we will have an alternate energy. We are just lazy and wont change til we all have to. Perhaps I am naive.

Regardless, a pet peeve of mine is people claiming to be green, but having a huge mess of kids. By huge I think anything over 3. :P

It is not that I am agaisnt large families as long as everyone is getting love and *cough* parental attention (I am looking at you Michelle Duggar!), but don't try to tell me you have a million kids and are green too.

In my opinion, the best thing you can do for the earth is to have two kids or less. Zero population growth. Make a replacement for you and your mate and be done.

I don't care who you are, but even if you recycle every piece of garbage you make and cart your kids around in a bicycle taxi, the carbon footprint a whole extra person makes over a life time is wayyyyyyy bigger then me throwing away all my plastic Kroger bags.

So there. I am more green then you, hypothetical person with a large family, even as I toss my coke bottle in the normal garbage can. Nanny nanny boo boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment