7 Quick Thoughts:
1. I cannot find 2 books I bought for my son for Christmas. They are probably somewhere in my dumping ground of a closet.
2. While I like a white Christmas, I like clear roads better.
3. My daughter has renamed her new princess Jasmine doll Iradessa. I asked her why and she said it was because the doll was wearing pants. Hmm. Well okay then.
4. I have some how gotten on Maker's Mark Bourbon's mailing list. This means every year at Christmas time I get some fairly interesting free present. One year I got a cocktail shaker. One year I got a wax sealer. This year I got a pretty nifty ice cube tray to make perfectly round ice cubes.
5. There is a free code for a 2 dollar credit for Amazon mp3's out right now. I cashed in and bought a new cd for like 3 dollars yesterday. Bonus.
6. I hope we make it to the Christmas Eve service today because I really like singing Christmas Carols.
7. Today I was making a roast in the crock pot. I don't have a dutch oven and my roasting pan is only 4 inches tall and doesn't not have a lid. So around 1 we were all hungry and the roast was still not done. I wanted to throw the crock part of the crock pot in the oven ,but my husband thought that might be a bad idea since we didn't know if the pot was oven safe. I like to live on the edge and was going to risk it, but decided to do some more brainstorming.
My brain led me to our electric skillet. So I dumped the contents on the crock into the skillet. Then i went about my business.
30 minutes late I check t with the meat thermometer and it is, at like, 200. 165 is well done.
I am an awesome cook!